photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Style Spotting: Yellow and Turquoise

Hi La Dolce Vita readers, it's Lindsay from The Pursuit of Style, and I'm excited to be bringing you the first installment of Style Spotting. I've always been fascinated by the overlap in the worlds of fashion and interior design. I love stumbling across a showstopping room and finding similar elements repeated in a great outfit or vice versa. In Style Spotting, I'll be sharing the interiors and fashion that I'm currently drawing inspiration from and the commonalities that make them so great.

For my first post, I wanted to share a room and outfit that really embody my style. I love the classics in fashion and interiors, but like to kick it up a notch with color and accessories. Take Leslie Mann's Emmy dress by Naeem Khan for example. I'm still obsessed with it. The Veuve Clicquot yellow skirt, intricately beaded bodice, and turquoise accessories were both unexpected and gorgeous.
I was immediately reminded of this room designed by the talented ladies at Tilton Fenwick for the Hampton Designer Showhouse last year. Stacks of old National Geographic magazines gave a jolt of color to the room and complemented the turquoise lamps perfectly. The Phillip Jeffries Rivets wallpaper adds visual interest similar to the beaded detailing on Leslie's dress.
And that is how I fell hard for the color combination of yellow and turquoise. If you're feeling emboldened to mix yellow and turquoise with abandon, here are a few pieces to help you achieve the look.
I hope you enjoyed Style Spotting, I'll be back next month with more inspiration!

3 comments:

Karena said...

Leslie's dress is so gorgeous with the unexpected look of the bodice and bright yellow together! Stunning! I love the pieces that it inspired you Paloma!

xoxo
Karena
A Special Scalamandre Giveaway

Unknown said...

Love this - great series topic. I love these 2 colors together. Great job.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

The Vlachs said...

Wow! I love this. In fact, I actually started decorating my living room around this bold color scheme and sort of chickened out...toned it down. I'm reinspired!