photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Favorite Room: VMAC + Cheese

 vmac cheese bedroom

Hi, La Dolce Vita readers! Victoria from vmac+cheese here to share my favorite room with you today. I won't lie, when Paloma first asked me to participate in this series, my initial reaction was no way. We just moved apartments a few months ago, and my husband and I had a sneaking suspicion it wouldn't be a very permanent move. Because of this, we haven't done much to the place, in anticipation that we might only be here for a year. However, if there's one room that always has to feel cozy, clean and welcoming to me, it's my bedroom. It truly is my sanctuary!

vmac cheese nightstand2

I'm a nut when it comes to sleeping on clean, crisp white sheets, and also love featuring little treasures on my nightstand (which is actually just an IKEA Malm chest with some Anthropologie hardware added on). My bedside table always has a stack of magazines and books on it (and I never seem to be able to get through it before adding new ones to the pile!).

vmac cheese nightstand

Our headboard is West Elm's tall nailhead upholstered headboard, in dove grey velvet. We had to get the tall version because we have a huge foam mattress topper, which means normal headboard heights look a little short! I love finding sheets from places like Overstock.com. You can actually get unbelievable deals on high quality, high thread count sheets. We have a few other Euro sham pillows that I'll sometimes put on the bed when company's coming over to make it look extra dressy, but on a typical day, I'll just throw some plain white pillows on top of the sleeping ones and accessorize with a rectangular throw pillow I found for $12 at Home Goods. To decorate the bedside table, I leaned a couple pieces of very personal artwork against the wall. One contains business cards from different restaurants where we've had especially meaningful or unique meals (there are cards from all over the world!). The other is a frame of two hand painted cards my grandmother sent me from France. I just love them!

 vmac cheese dresser

I've recently started collecting mercury glass pieces. I like keeping a small piece of the collection on one of our bedroom dressers. They look especially pretty when lit in the evening, and the light will bounce off the mirror behind them! To be honest with you, a lot of the items in our bedroom are leftovers and hand me downs from our fresh-out-of-college years, and aren't all things we'll have forever. However, I've found that if I can accessorize with just a few things I really love, and keep the space neat and clean, the bedroom still feels fresh and inviting without having to spend a ton to redo the entire thing, especially given our current nomadic status! Thanks so much for having me Paloma! I hope you guys liked the sneak peek into my apartment.

4 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

I love the little details, like the pop of color on the knobs and nailhead trim on the headboard. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Love Vmac and Cheese and share her love of crisp, white, sheets.

http://lolas-loft.blogspot.com/

Dana McDowell said...

Aww I love Victoria! She has such good ideas...personally looove the framed restaurant cards!

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I love VMac and Cheese. Love seeing the little details from her life!