photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, October 22, 2010

Your Napa Questions Answered

California Fall 2010 006 I’ve gotten a ton of questions about my trip to Napa last weekend regarding two specific things. The first question is whether or not the house we stayed in is a bed and breakfast or it can be rented out. Unfortunately, the answer is no. It is a private residence belonging to one of my friend’s family. It is such a beautiful, tranquil place and I wish you all could see it. The good news is that there are so many wonderful places to stay in Napa! We visited the Solage in Calistoga while in Napa and it looked so relaxing and was so well-designed. They even have some Nasa-designed chair that we were all dying to try! Apparently, you relax in it for 20 minutes and that is supposed to be equivalent to 2 hours of sleep. Erin of Elements of Style recently stayed at the Carneros Inn and loved it.

I’ve also gotten a lot of questions about the bag that I am carrying in this picture. It is from one of my favorite boutiques in Houston, a bientot. I really love it. I can carry it using the top handles like I am in this picture, it fits on my shoulder, and it has a long strap, so I can also wear it across my body. It’s big, but not too big. I was able to carry a bunch of magazines in it for my trip, which was great. The best part, is the fuchsia lining inside! Unfortunately, the bag is not on their website, but if you are interested, you can call and let them know it’s the big, black leather bag I carried in Napa.

 

I hope this helps! Thank you again for reading La Dolce Vita. I have the best, most supportive readers. What can I say? I’m a lucky girl! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Christina @ Simple and Delish said...

i love that bag - beautiful!

christina
summer-year-round.blogspot.com

Ainosofia said...

Greetings from Finland <3

ALR said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful trip. I have visited Napa only once, but I loved it and hope to go back someday. I think you could carry a feed sack as a handbag and it would look great:)

P.S. You are always my first read of the day.

xo,
Amy R.

Nanna said...

How wesome isn't it to have a friend who has a nice house like that to visit and enjoy!

Hope you will have a nice weekend!

Savvy in San Francisco said...

I love Carneros Inn! It is gorgeous! Their restaurant, Farm, is delicious too!

nancy said...

ahhh...i was in napa last weekend too and had an amazing mud treatment at solage & yes, the nasa chairs are pretty amazing. it's my 2nd time this year doing that treatment (slather the mud on in a sauna, move to the geothermal bath room then end with 20 mins in the relaxing chairs--heaven!).

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

You gals looked so glam!
I'm sure it was a wonderful, whirlwind weekend away ; )
Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

NAPA is wonderful! Seems like everyone has been going lately! Perfect time of year!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your bag Paloma!

-Andrea :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun trip!