photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's to 2009!

"May the best of the past be the worst of the future." - Irish Blessing


I wish each and every one of you the brightest, best possible year in 2009. 2008 has been somewhat of a challenging year for so many of us and I must say, I am ready to put it to bed. Here's hoping that 2009 is a wonderful year!

I'm never very good about resolutions. I always make them, but I hardly keep them. Last year it dawned on me that perhaps, I should take a different approach. I have mentioned on a few occasions that I am obsessive about making to-do lists. I make at least one every day and get so much satisfaction out of checking things off my list as I have accomplished them. So, for 2008, instead of writing resolutions, I created a to-do list for the year. I must say, I was much more successful and accomplished about 90% of it! So, without further ado, I present to you my to do list for 2009.


To-DO List for 2009

1. Find a fulfilling, PAYING job (the crux of 2008)
2. Surround myself with positive people and try not to sweat the small stuff
3. Go back to Spain with my husband
4. Visit New York in the fall
5. Get my side projects up and running and work hard to make them successful (more on this soon!)
6. Work out regularly. Better yet, sign up and complete a boot camp.
7. Try to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend and show the people I love how much they mean to me.
8. Read more
9. Take a French refresher course
10. Hopefully add to our family


18 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I never really make resolutions as well and like you I love TO-DO lists.

I love your list. We must be in similiar places of our lives, because I ditto everything that you wrote. Except for #3. I've never been to Spain before so for me it would be my first and I'm dying to go.

You must let me know if you plan a trip to NY. It would be fun to meet up.

I will be spending a very low key night at home with my hubby and the dogs.

I hope you enjoy your evening.

Have a happy and healthy new year!

TTI said...

Happy New Year to you too! I like #10 the best.

Petunia Face said...

I agree that #10 should move to #1. You'll make a wonderful mother :)

Happy New Year dear Paloma!

I ♥ You said...

happy 2009 p!!! we must get together soon! you and fabian have a great night tonight! and good luck with that resolution list! you are more ambitious than i ever could be!! xoxo

Haven and Home said...

That is a great list, I may have to steal some of those "to do's".

Happy New Years!

Haven and Home said...

That is a great list, I may have to steal some of those "to do's".

Happy New Years!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, dear Paloma! Your To Do list is wonderful and I wish you all the happiness and success this coming year.

x Kylie

Isabel said...

Happy New Year! Hope your 2009 is filled with everything you deserve!

cotedetexas said...

#7 is totally unneccesary - you couldn't be a better anything.

#10 - whoooooo boy - get working on it tonight, baby!!! what a beautiful baby you are going to have!!! I can't wait!!! the Houston bloggers will give you a shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Paloma! Thank you for a 2008 full of inspiration. I love your list for 2009---a boot camp sounds amazing, spain sounds gorgeous, and adding to your family? How exciting!

Here's to 2009 and all its shining potential!

Courtney said...

How very exciting! Love the list and it's equally going to inspire and better you --- what more could you ask for in a To-Do List for 2009?!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Paloma! Your list has inspired me to make my own 2009 to do list!!

Sarah Ring said...

Happy 2009 Paloma! Your list has inspired me to make one of my own! Cheers to 09!!

Stephanie said...

oh man, a French refresher course is on my list too! and so is NYC.

LiveMocha.com is like a free version of Rosetta Stone. I am dreaming of putting more time into reviewing French. :)

Sheri said...

I am sooooo excited to see #10 on your list!!! Get your travelling in before it, though. While little babies do travel easily (ours have certainly been all over), it is way less stressful without one in tow.

Anonymous said...

La Dolce Vita is such a fabulous blog! I can't wait to see what it'll be like in a year from now! C'est Tres chic!!! (Hopefully, that'll help with #9 of your 2009 To Do List. LOL!)

Kristan said...

Take me with you to Spain? Por favor?

Tindra said...

Love your blogg :)
Check out mine :) you might have to use google translate, it`s in swedish,