photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tiny Apartment, Loads of Style


I recently came across the Copy Cat Chic blog thanks to one of my reformed lurkers. Her fantastic blog which sets out to recreate expensive looks at a fraction of the price is completely new to me. Unfortunately, she hasn't updated her blog since May 8th, but I'm crossing my fingers that she'll start up again since she really knows how to get the most bang for the buck.

I literally read every single one of her posts and was so impressed when I saw how this teeny, tiny New York apartment had been drastically transformed. Can you believe it's the same place?! Sure, I would do some things differently. I'd probably go with a different rug in the living area, maybe zebra skin, and I would have chosen a different mirror to hang above the couch. I'd most likely go with a bolder choice for the throw pillows, but the transformation from the way the apartment started out is incredible. Read all about it here.


Before:

After:

Images via Copy Cat Chic

10 comments:

franki durbin said...

I adore that space. I could easily live in an all cream area like that and never tire of it.

For me, the bones of the place give the interior furnishings an unfair head start. Look at those built-ins and the interesting angles.

Perfection. I'm keeping these images for future inspiration!

franki durbin said...

BTW... I agree about the rug and the mirror... funny how in the overall scheme of things they look fine. But upon closer inspection they'd be 86'ed by me :)

Anonymous said...

This is an incredible transformation! I cannot believe it's the same place. How cute is that kitchen.

Dianne said...

Perfect as is!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't change a thing.

Material Girls said...

Wow the transformation is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Wow that is amazing! The place looks gorgeous now! The best is that transformation of the kitchen. It is really elegant now! Daisy~

jsanck15 said...

That is absolutely stunning!

Roger_Paw said...

i agree it's beautiful but it's just too much seating. i live in manhattan as well (400 sq ft) and know the challenges of living small but think she should create more activity zones other than lounge, eat, sleep. no books?

Anonymous said...

Teeny tiny? That place is huge!

380 Sq. Ft. • One Window said...

Love what you've done.