photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, July 17, 2008

House Beautiful's Kitchen of the Year 2008


Yesterday morning, House Beautiful revealed it's 2008 Kitchen of the Year on The Today Show. The kitchen was designed by the magazine in collaboration with kitchen designer extraordinaire, Christopher Peacock and is currently on display in Rockefeller Center. It is large, very functional, and has a very strong Hamptons vibe going on.
Wooden ceiling beams and an abundance of natural light contribute to the Hamptons feeling of the kitchen. Peacock chose a combination of white painted cabinets and stained wooden cabinets with vintage-style hardware to add character to the space.

The counters are made of Caesarstone, a quartz surface which stands up to virtually anything.

The dark wood floors are a source of visual impact.

Although the Delta Touch2O faucets used in the kitchen are not the most attractive option, they have a very cool feature. You can turn the faucet on or off by simply tapping it. So, when your hands are dirty from handling food, you don't have to worry about spreading bacteria onto the faucet.

These polished nickel industrial pendants are very similar to Circa Lighting's Houston pendants.

Another view of the kitchen

Look for more details in the September issue of House Beautiful. In the meantime, find out more about the kitchen in this video of the big reveal on the Today Show.






Images via House Beautiful.

5 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

Hmmmm...I do not like this kitchen very much. I think it is the stained cabinets that ruined it for me. I love the traditional white Christopher P. kitchen.

Do you know of many people using Cesarstone? I wonder how the pricepoint compares. Interesting that it has a lifetime warranty.

Unknown said...

You know, I don't love the look of it. I prefer Peacock's traditional kitchens as well. This one does have a lot of cool features, though. I wish they would have chosen a real kitchen like they do for their kitchen of the month. I feel like it shouldn't count if the magazine just builds what they want.

I ♥ You said...

I like the fridge! I want one like that for the house.

cotedetexas said...

I love the sky light - I forget what those are called and I just did a blog on them!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this kitchen, and I love your blog. Thanks for all the great ideas and insight!