photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Remember the Alamo


While most of the restaurants and stores in my suburb are pretty lame, there is one place that I absolutely love. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema originated in downtown Austin and slowly expanded throughout Texas until it reached us here in Katy.

The best part of this movie theater is the fact that it is 21 and up only, which means no annoying teenagers or crying children. In addition to that, they have a full bar and a great menus. Fabian and I particularly love their gourmet pizzas. The theater and the people who work there would be right at home in the Montrose or River Oaks areas, and almost seem too cool for the suburbs, but it works. I'm not complaining, as it is hands down my favorite place in Katy. What other theater gives you extra leg room, awesome pizza, a few drinks, and a McLovin fake id?
The theater usually sets up some sort of fun activity on the night a movie opens or they give away fun freebies like the McLovin ID I got last night. :) http://www.alamodrafthouse.com/

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Okay, we need to totally set up a night to go to the Alamo! I have been to the ones in Austin and Dallas, but not here yet.

mrsplainjane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrsplainjane said...

I'm so jealous of your McLovin ID! Seriously! :) That theatre sounds like a blast. Okay enough of your complaining where you live- we have NOTHING like that around here. I want to come visit! :)

Anonymous said...

I just got my Mclovin card from a seller on Ebay "stonetwo2". The card is AMAZING, just like a real ID, real plastic like a credit card, and they are really cheap. You should definatly checking it out : http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZstonetwo2